Subscribe
Miss anything important? Subscribe to SSLAA RSS feeds today!

Mar 17, 2008

The newbie says....

Now that IWW is a past tense, things started to get a bit boring for me. Well, maybe not just me, but for those who out there who are reading this blog.
As a newbie in this club, I never expect that I will be involved so much in this event, and do not ask me why, because even myself is still wondering why. One moment I was sitting there listening to the Mr.President giving his "infuencial" speech, and the next thing I know, I become someone's else PA.
Throughout this very long and tiring journey, this PA-cum-secretary (I still do not know where thsi come from...seriously!!)sure had a lot of things. But one thing for sure, all of us learnt that itinerary can change every few hours (in one occasion, Nick even said that the itinerery that we received half and hour ago is outdated) and things should not be taken into granted, not at least to the very last minute.
All of us show to the people up there that no matter waht happen, we can always stand together, and help out each other. No matter how we worried at first that we might not get enough manpower, but in the end, we get all the kaki and tangan that we can get, and thanks to them, things run smoothly (okay, some things did cropped up, but we still managed to pull it off)
Stating from a newbie point of view, I am really surprised of the amount of commitment that we had put into ( I do not need to say WHO) this event. We might not have many members (it will bound to increase soon!!) but all of us stand as an unit, and we face all the ups and downs together, and we really lived up the spirit of UNITED WE STAND. I remember once someone asked me, " Do you have any post in the club? If not, why are you working so hard?" This does not matter isn't it? You do not need to be at the highest post to get yourself involved and to be commited to something.
I think the most memorable event of all will be at that particular meeting when Sudesh asked how many of us are confident that we can get at least 500 people for our launching day. All of SSLAA's members hands shoot up, without even looking left and right,and without a tinge of doubt. We are full of confidence. I guess this is the thing that had carried us through the event, and survived through it.
I guess I can write on if I continue, but I think I will just spare all of you from reading any longer blog. But let us rememeber, as long as we are always standing side by side, we can always be successful. Let us continue with our unbroken spirit and aim high for the coming event!!

United We Stand!!
SSLA BATU!!!

4 comments:

adore said...

Well at least we learn that Itinerary is spelled this way, instead of I-TE-NA-RY.

Anonymous said...

when will be our official handing of power to the new generations?

Anonymous said...

Newbie= Ah O? I guessed so...n yes that was my most memorable moment too!U must be kidding tht u're bored..

Anonymous said...

U know i think u should be oficial SSLAA's PA leh...u learn a lot from me right?akakaka

TOP